About Our Farm
All MeatMe proteins come from our own Ayrshire Farm and carefully selected partner farms.
Since 2001, Ayrshire farm and our partner farms have adhered to the stringent standards of Humane Farm Animal Care, the nation’s only ISO 9001-compliant independent farm animal welfare organization. When HFAC standards are not yet available, Ayrshire Farm has developed and closely monitors our partner farms’ compliance to the equivalent, parallel humane standards.
Dirt to Dinner
Since 2005, Ayrshire Farm has produced fully individually traceable meat products from farm to consumer. We maintain control over quality and consistency using proprietary processing methods thanks to our vertically integrated business. Monitoring every step of production enables us to have full transparency while creating food of unparalleled quality. Our partners are small, family-owned and operated, committed to the health of rural America, the earth, and the animals in our care.
We believe that the health of humans, animals, and the earth is inseparable, so farming and environmental stewardship should be integrated. Our animals are carefully raised in a nurturing and healthy environment in order to promote their health and well-being, the wellness of our pets, and the integrity of the planet. Unlike processed pet food, our meats are not genetically engineered, given synthetic growth hormones, or fed a diet of antibiotics. They are American-sourced, human-grade meats processed in our own facility using USDA Certified Organic, Certified Humane®, and Non-GMO Project Verified proteins.
Certifications and Standards
- Certified Organic in Virginia since 1999
- USDA via Oregon Tilth since 2005 (includes Non-GMO Project Verification)
- Certified Humane® since 2004
- Predator friendly certified farming since 2002
- Non-GMO Project Verified beef and poultry since 2013
- USDA-inspected, Certified Organic, and Certified Humane® slaughter facilities
Industry Leaders: A series of Firsts
- First Certified Humane® and organic operation in Virginia
- First certified wildlife/predator friendly farm in Virginia
- First Certified Humane® Restaurant
- First Certified Humane® butcher shop in the USA
- First to retail Certified Humane® pet food in the USA (as The Furry Foodie)
- First Four-Star SustainaBuild™ status from the Green Restaurant® Association in Virginia
Visit the Ayrshire Farm website here.